Thursday 19 November
Online via Zoom
Since March there has been much discussion of the impact of the pandemic on the university sector, and issues ranging from safe teaching and student welfare to future funding have been in the news almost daily.
We have invited colleagues from five UK universities to speak to the challenges facing higher education and comment on what University museums can offer in this unprecedented context. Members of the panel will also share aspects of their experience of work during closure, re-opening museums and (sadly) closing them again.
We look forward to hearing from
- Julie Sanders, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Newcastle
- Mungo Campbell, Deputy Director, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Tannis Davidson, Curator, Grant Museum, University College, London
- Ghislaine Wood, Acting Director, Sainsbury Centre, University of East Anglia
- Esme Ward, Director, Manchester Museum, University of Manchester
The Forum will be immediately followed by the Annual General Meeting of the University Museums Group. Download the AGM agenda and papers.
Leave a Reply